Team CityFurnish wishes everyone a happy International Yoga Day. Anyone who wants to begin practicing yoga can find a wonderful day like this a great place to start. Yoga doesn’t offer instant results, so it is important to practice regularly. Yoga can be a lifetime journey. It brings positivity, well-being, and inspiration to your life and those around you.
Here are seven tips to help you make your Yoga journey more enjoyable.
1. Pick a time that suits you: Yoga in the morning is very beneficial as it boosts your energy and keeps you calm. While many people need more time to practice yoga in the morning, you should still do so. You should pick a time that works for you and do your yoga. This will allow you to be stress-free both mentally and physically.
2. Choose a comfortable place: Although yoga is mainly done on mats, you can only do it if you have one. Do your yoga on a piece or blanket. Don’t let your excuses get in the way. Exercise is possible by using any equipment. If you live in a cramped area and need more space, remove the mattress from your bed. You can then practice yoga on the flat surface of the bed.
3. Use your furniture. If someone in your family has a disability, they can use the table in your home, such as a chair, sofa, or bed. Uttanasana (Utthita Parsvakonasana), Eka Pada Rajakapotasana; Garudasana; Ardha Matsyendrasana; Virabhadrasana) are all asanas that can be done on a couch, chair, or bed. They can stay fit by doing this.
4. Know your Limits: Your body is your king, and you must know your limits. Do not push yourself beyond your limits or injure yourself. Instead, be aware of your body’s limitations and stretch them accordingly. You should not do an asana if you feel pain. It can be dangerous for your health. When you feel pain in a position, your neck, spine, and hips can be vulnerable. Keep practicing until you can adapt to all situations.
5. Be consistent: Yoga is best practiced consistently. It is okay to set goals. Yoga can be done only some days. Weekly practice is acceptable, but three times per week is better. Daily practice is also a good idea. If you are still trying to choose when it is convenient for you, don’t resolve to do it daily. You will feel relief if you do it three times a week.
6. Choose simple yoga wear: Avoid tight clothing while you do some heavy stretching. Wear loose clothing to be comfortable while performing all asanas.
7. Take time to enjoy your yoga. You will soon find that you don’t want your yoga, and your body will only be ready for the next session. Take it easy, enjoy yoga, and keep fit.