Hatha yoga is one of many types of yoga. This classic form of yoga is suitable for beginners and has many benefits, including weight loss. Hatha yoga is the mother of Power, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yin Iyengar Hot, Hot, and Power yoga. Hatha yoga has been more than just exercise. Hatha yoga can help people lose weight and improve their mental and physical health. This article will help you understand the different aspects of Hatha Yoga poses for weight loss. Keep reading!!
Hatha yoga is the source of many well-known yoga poses. It is the source of all other forms, such as Power, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yin Iyengar Hot, and Hot and Power yoga.
Hatha yoga incorporates asanas (postures) and breathing techniques (pranayama). It is ideal for beginners and offers many benefits, including weight loss.
Hatha yoga helps with weight loss and offers psychological and physical benefits. It emphasizes the importance of proper nutrition and breathing to cleanse the body.
What is Hatha Yoga?
Hatha Yoga is a traditional yoga pose that aids in weight loss. It is composed of two words, “Ha,” meaning the sun, and “ta,” which refers to the moon. “Hatha,” which refers to yoga that balances the sun and moon or the Pingala/Ida within you, is a form of yoga. Hatha yoga can be explored in various ways, but at its core, it is a form of physical preparation that prepares the body for greater possibilities.
9 Hatha Yoga Poses To Lose Belly Fat
Chaturanga Dandasana – Plank Pose
Chaturanga Dandasana is the best way to increase core strength. It is simple, but it offers many benefits. This pose will make your abdominal muscles feel more muscular.
Chaturanga Dandasana is
- Place your wrists below your shoulders, and bend your elbows so that you can do a high plank.
- As you inhale, bend your elbows so that your shoulders are equal to your elbows.
- Keep your elbows straight towards your body.
- Keep your legs and upper body a few inches above the ground.
- Elevate your head and gaze downward.
- Spread your arms and legs across your chest.
- As soon as you exhale, push back into a plank/downward-facing dog. Alternately, you can bend your knees to take a child’s position.
Virabhadrasana – Warrior Pose
Warrior II poses help tone your shoulders and thighs and improve focus. The pose will yield better results if it is held longer. Virabhadrasana can help you get tighter quads if you do it for a shorter time.
Warrior III poses can tone your arms, legs, and back and improve your balance. It will tone your stomach and flatten your belly by tightening your abdominal muscles.
- Stand straight with your arms at your sides, your legs apart, and your legs hip-width apart.
- With your left foot pointed outward, face the left side of the mat.
- By turning inward, the other foot will create a 45-degree angle.
- Turn your body entirely to the left.
- Keep your left knee bent at 90 degrees and move forward, making sure not to touch your toes.
- Stretch the other leg.
- Place your hands in a Namaste position, lift them above your head, look up, arch your spine, and stretch.
- After holding the position for 10 seconds, repeat the process on your opposite side.
Trikonasana – Triangle pose
The trikonasana assists in digestion and the reduction of belly fat. It increases blood flow and helps you develop your legs and hamstrings.
- Contract your right thigh muscles to draw your right femur in its socket. Keep your right hip tucked and extend your right arm toward the front.
- Place your right hand on the ground, preferably next to your ankle or shin. If you prefer to be more open, your right hand can be brought towards the bottom on the inside.
- Your left hand should be extended toward the ceiling by extending your left arm from your chest. Your left shoulder should remain in its socket, and your left shoulder should stack on top.
- Look up at your left hand as you turn your head. If this causes neck pain, keeping the lead in a neutral position is okay.
- Keep your right thigh muscles pulled up to deepen the crease of your right hip.
- Avoid hyperextension by gently relaxing your right knee.
- You should take at least five deep breaths.
- Repeat the position by extending your left foot.
Adho Mukha Svanasana – Downward Dog pose
To tone your whole body, do Adho mukha Svanasana. This exercise will strengthen your arms, legs, and back. As you focus on your breathing, your muscles will be engaged. This will help you focus better and improve blood circulation.
How to do Adho Mukha Svanasana:
- You can stand on your four limbs (arms, knees, and feet).
- Inhale and lift your knees off of the ground. Keep your toes planted. Keep your elbows straight and your knees parallel to the floor.
- Next, extend your arms out in front of yourself to maintain a forward-tilted upper torso.
- Your hips should be lifted as high as possible, creating an inverted V shape with your body.
- Keep your neck extended while keeping your inner arms close to your ears. Then, press your arms into the ground with your hands.
- Now, face inwardly and look at your novel.
- After holding the position for a while, bend your knees and lower your torso to return to the starting position.
Sarvangasana- Shoulder Stand Pose
Sarvangasana increases your strength and improves your digestion. It is known to increase metabolism and regulate thyroid levels. It strengthens the upper body, abdominal muscles, legs, respiratory system, sleep cycle, and the respiratory system.
- As you lie down, straighten your back.
- While inhaling and exhaling, lift your legs.
- Stop when both legs are at 90 degrees with the ground.
- You can do Uttanpadasana.
- Inhale by lifting your waist and raising your legs above your head.
- To support your waist, use both hands.
- You should ensure that your core, back and legs are straight.
- As you reach for the sky, keep your eyes on your toes.
- Continue to hold the position while you continue to inhale normally.
- Slowly return to your original work.
- It should be sufficient to do this three-to-four times.
Sethu Bandha Sarvangasana – Bridge pose
The Sethu Bandha Sarvangasana can lose weight, improve thyroid health, and increase glute strength. It improves thyroid function, digestion, and hormone regulation. It also helps to ease back pain by strengthening your back muscles.
Sethu Bandha Sarvangasana:
- Place your hands on your stomach and lie backward. Bend your knees so that your feet are hip-width apart. Place your palms down and slide the arms along the body. Your fingertips should touch the heels.
- Inhale, lift your hips off the floor, and roll your spine upwards by pressing your feet into the ground.
- To raise your chest, apply downward pressure to the arms and shoulders. Engage the legs, buttocks, and Mula bandha to lift your hips.
- For 4-8 breaths, hold your breath.
- Inhale and then slowly return your spine to the ground.
Parivrta Utkatasana Twisted Chair pose
Parivrtta Utkatasana feels more like a square. You should know that this is more intense than a squat and targets the glutes, quadriceps, and abdominal muscles. Asana also builds the lymphatic and digestive systems. This is an excellent yoga exercise to lose weight.
How do you perform Parivrta Utkatasana?
- Start by getting up.
- Your feet should be aligned so that your toes touch and your heels are slightly apart. Next, bend your knees deeply and lift your arms above your head.
- Keep your hands in front and maintain the Namaskar pose.
- Turn your head from your left side to your right without shifting your hips or knees.
- Place your left elbow on the right side of your right knee as you tilt your chest to the left.
- Stability is achieved by firmly burying both hands in one another.
- If one of your knees is in front, look down and draw the leg back into the hip attachment. Your knees should be just above your lower legs.
- After taking a deep, exhaling breath, look up.
- Exhale and bring your shoulder blades closer together.
- Try to keep the position for one to three seconds.
- Take a deep breath and then return to your original position
Dhanurasana Bow Pose
Dhanurasana strengthens the legs, chest, back, and shoulders. It massages the abdominal organs and improves digestion. The entire body will be stretched, and blood circulation will be improved. You also strengthen and tone your muscles.
- Your feet should align with your hips when you lie on your stomach.
- With your hands extended backward, fold your knees to grasp your ankles.
- Take a deep inhale, raise your chest off the floor, and pull your legs backward and up.
- Smile and keep a straight gaze.
- Keep your breath in focus and maintain this position. Now, your body is bent and tense as if you are bowing.
- Continue to inhale deeply while you relax in this position. Only bend as far as your body allows.
After exhaling, lower your chest and legs slowly to the ground. This should take between 15 to 20 seconds. Release your ankles and relax.
Bhekasana – Frog Pose
The best hatha yoga position to reduce weight in the lower half is the one that stretches the hips, inner thighs, and hips. This pose strengthens the spine and targets specific areas to help you lose fat. It improves posture and strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- To begin the frog pose, place your stomach on the ground.
- Lift your head and upper trunk by raising your forearms.
- Straighten your right knee and bring your heel up to the hip.
- Bend your leg and use your hands to pull the left heel towards the hip by bending your knee.
- To keep your hands on the feet, rotate the elbows.
- Slowly lift your chest while you inhale deeply.
- You can slowly release your body by exhaling after you have held this position for between 30 and 50 seconds.
- You can relax by lying on your back. This position can be practiced as many times as you wish.
How many calories does Hatha Yoga burn?
How many calories you lose depends on how long you practice Hatha yoga to help you lose weight. More prominent people burn more calories doing the same activity as lighter people.
Harvard Health Publications has the following breakdown of Hatha yoga’s calories per hour:
400 calories for a person weighing 185 lbs
300 calories for a 155-pound individual
A 125-pound person consumes 220 calories